black history, theology, Kids' books

Monday, March 23, 2015

Summer Road to Chicago Anyone?

Save the dates: July 23-25




Planes, trains or automobiles? 

The question isn't whether you should come with me to the Legacy Conference in 2015  - (read my blog here on why I go every year) - it's how we should get there. 

Kyle Bumgarner, one of my really good friends and a co-laborer in a campus ministry called Young Life, is prayerfully planning on going to Legacy this year with me. As we begin planning out the trip, I thought I'd see if either Kyle or I knew others who would want to go to Moody Bible Institute for three days this summer. 

If it's just Kyle and me, we may plan to travel one way. Perhaps by plane. If we each had two friends that wanted to go, we might plan the trip another way. 


As you decide, here are a few things you can know. 
  • You can stay in the Moody Bible Institute dorms for pretty cheap. 
  • You can eat most meals at the Moody Bible Institute cafeteria for pretty cheap.
  • You can sign up for the conference for pretty cheap. 
  • The theological depth (listen to one gen. session here) is amazing. 
  • It's worth every dollar you spend. 
  • You need try deep dish pizza and other Chicago foods at least once. 
  • I snore. 

If you have any interest in going, please let me know. Also, follow @LegacyDisciple on Twitter for more info. on the conference. 

Chris Lassiter is a Christ-follower, a husband to Emily (read her blog here), a father to five kids and a freelance writer for Young Life Relationships, HipHopDX.com, JamTheHype.com and other publications. His first book, You're Grounded, was published by Moody Publications last year. You can order the book here

No comments:

Post a Comment