black history, theology, Kids' books

Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Mom's Dream ... And What You Can Do To Help

Calling my mom ambitious would be an understatement! 



Growing up, my mom would occasionally stay up late at night just to surpass all of our high scores on Frogger. Yep, she's that competitive. However, most of her ambition was saved for more serious things such as education. 

That hasn't changed. 

After teaching for decades in Staunton City Schools, my mother started a school called King's Academy.  The school, which is grades k-5, has existed for five years, and it's currently where my youngest three kids go to school. 



At the end of this school year, the school will be undergoing significant changes. 

My mother is looking for: 
  • churches that would support that vision
  • financial donors for the school 
  • people who would serve in a support and advisory role to the school
  • a possible location change 
  • students interested in enrolling in the school


For more information, please e-mail me at lassiterfam7@gmail.com or call me at 540-569-0270. 

Chris Lassiter is a Christ-follower, a husband to Emily (read her blog here), a father to five kids and a freelance writer for Young Life Relationships, HipHopDX.com, JamTheHype.com and other publications. His first book, You're Grounded, was published by Moody Publications last year. You can order the book here

No comments:

Post a Comment