black history, theology, Kids' books

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Telijah's guest blog: Back to the Bahamas

Help me go back to the Bahamas this summer with Young Life Expeditions! 


Dear friends and family, 

Last year I had the opportunity to go to Young Life camp in Eleuthera, Bahamas with my family. I got to hang out with Bahamian teenagers, help illustrate the gospel, and visit some beautiful beaches while I was there. 

It was the first time I had ever been out of the country, and I am so thankful for the people who donated money so our family could go. My parents were the camp speakers last year, so my siblings and I got to tag along as a vacation, and I didn't really have to help out as much as people who go to run the camp. 

This year, I am actually going back to serve with Young Life as work crew. My parents will be the camp speakers again this year, but as work crew, I will be staying apart from them, and I will be doing things that they are not expected to do. Instead of just going and hanging out with the kids, I will also be helping serve meals, cleaning up, and helping to run the camp. While I will still have the chance to relax and hang out with some amazing teenagers, I will be expected to do more work so that camp runs smoothly. 

In order for me to go, I need to raise $1,700 by June 15th. This means I need people who are willing to sponsor me. Will you consider helping me as I set out to help Bahamian teenagers have the best week of their lives?  

You can donate online here



No comments:

Post a Comment