black history, theology, Kids' books

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

4 Ways to Help Me Help Lee High Kids This Week

I love Lee High kids, and I need your help! 



For the past 13 years, I've gotten to walk side-by-side with many Lee High kids through life. This happens through an organization called Young Life. It's been one of the best experiences of my life. 



On Oct. 24-26, I have the great privilege of taking the current group of Lee High kids to Young Life camp at Rockbridge Alum Springs in Goshen. The camp does cost money, and that's where I need your help! 

Here are the four ways you can help me help kids this week. 

1. Give. Lee High is diverse, both ethnically and socio-economically. In order to take a group as diverse as the school itself, we fundraise and provide partial scholarships. When you give, we can have students do sweat equity projects for free (call me if you have such a project you need done) and then scholarship kids to camp. I hope to get $600 in donations and $400 through the fundraiser listed below for a total of $1,000.00. 

You can make checks payable to Young Life and give at the address below:  

Chris Lassiter
Valley Young Life
142 Richardson Street
Staunton, VA 24401 

2. Buy. I have a book called You're Grounded. For the time being,  100% of the proceeds of this book go to camp scholarship. Books are $10. Buy one from me, or buy one down in D. Moats Barber Shop on the corner of Central and Frederick.  If I can sell all 40 books I have left, I can take four more kids to camp. 



3.  Share. Re-post this blog on your social media sites. E-mail this blog to friends, church leaders, businesses and individuals who you think may be supportive of Young Life at the school. I'll be glad to sit down and explain what we do and how we do it with potential donors. Every re-post and e-mail helps. 

4. Pray for us. Pray that we meet our financial goal and that we don't have to tell any kid no because of financial reasons. Thanks for helping me as I try to help kids. 


Chris Lassiter is a Christ-follower, a husband to Emily (read her blog here), a father to five kids and a freelance writer for Young Life Relationships, HipHopDX.com, JamTheHype.com and other publications. His first book, You're Grounded, was published by Moody Publications last year. You can order the book here


No comments:

Post a Comment