black history, theology, Kids' books

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Young Life, the Bahamas, my Family, and the Opportunity of a Lifetime

"The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized within the lifetime of the opportunity." 


In 2013, my wife Emily and I had the amazing opportunity to partner with Young Life in Bermuda. The whole week (as you can see from the picture above) was amazing. The only regret we had was the fact that we didn't get the chance to show these things to our five kids! 









This summer, our family has been presented an opportunity to partner with Young Life in the Bahamas. Only this summer, we're hoping to take all five kids with us. Our family has been praying about accepting this opportunity for a few months, and we have to give our friends in the Bahamas an answer this week. That answer will be based on our ability to fund-raise enough money to take the whole family. 

Now that I'm working at nTelos, my summers are more structured than they were in the past. I don't want to spend the only week of vacation I have separate from the family, but I would love for our entire family to have this experience. 


If you'd like to help, please let us know this week. My number is (540) 569-0270, and my e-mail is lassiterfam7@gmail.com 

Thanks! 


Chris Lassiter is a Christ follower, a husband to Emily (read her wonderful blog here), and father to the five crazy kids I'm hoping to take the Bahamas. He has written for The News Leader, Young Life Relationships, Rapzilla.com, JamTheHype.com, HipHopDx.com, and many other publications.  In 2013, Moody Publishers released his first book, You're Grounded, which you can read about here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment